1st Day of Chinese New Year (初一)

 

Playing host to my Singaporean cousins who travelled all the miles for this Family Reunion, I  sought out for their entertainment and couldn’t afford for them to feel bored. Hence as every ticking second of the clock started to have an expression Ritardando, I suggested that we make a trip over to 1 Utama.

 

While the girls were treasure hunting in the shop boutiques, clangs, chimes and drum rolls came amplifying my way. We quickly identified the source and came to realise that the Lion Dance performance was about to commence. Saving the hassle of having to jostle through the crowds, I turned on my camera’s live view, and started to capture shots from the first floor tip-toed. Above is one of the very few pictures I got of the Lion looking my way!

 

After our shopping spree, we made Delicious our next stop for refreshments. Above is a picture of my cousin Suet Mei pouring in  heaps of honey into her lemon tea.

 

As re returned home, we still had some photo-shooting time to spare. This was definitely a not-to-miss opportunity as both my photographer uncle and photographer cousin  were willing to vouchsafe us some skills of theirs. Above is a picture of my cousin, Amanda peering into my other cousin, Daniel’s camera.

The day ended with a Chinese New Year reunion feast. The Yee Sang picture at the beginning of this post was taking during this very meal.

No Response to "1st Day of Chinese New Year (初一)"

Random Older Post